Masters Of War

Come you masters of war You that build all the guns You that build the death planes You that build all the bombs You that hide behind walls You that hide behind desks I just want you to know I can see through your masks. You that never done nothin' But build to destroy You play with my world Like it's your little toy You put a gun in my hand And you hide from my eyes And you turn and run farther When the fast bullets fly. Like Judas of old You lie and deceive A world war can be won You want me to believe But I see through your eyes And I see through your brain Like I see through the water That runs down my drain. You fasten all the triggers For the others to fire Then you set back and watch When the death count gets higher You hide in your mansion' As young people's blood Flows out of their bodies And is buried in the mud. You've thrown the worst fear That can ever be hurled Fear to bring children Into the world For threatening my baby Unborn and unnamed You ain't worth the blood That runs in your veins. How much do I know To talk out of turn You might say that I'm young You might say I'm unlearned But there's one thing I know Though I'm younger than you That even Jesus would never Forgive what you do. Let me ask you one question Is your money that good Will it buy you forgiveness Do you think that it could I think you will find When your death takes its toll All the money you made Will never buy back your soul. And I hope that you die And your death'll come soon I will follow your casket In the pale afternoon And I'll watch while you're lowered Down to your deathbed And I'll stand over your grave 'Til I'm sure that you're dead.------- Bob Dylan 1963

Friday, June 27, 2014

Iraq: The things warmongers said





ARCHIVE PHOTO: A U.S. marine blocks his ears as an anti-tank weapon is fired from atop
an armoured vehicle in the northern Kuwaiti, near the border with Iraq,
March 13, 2003 (Reuters / Damir Sagolj)
Iraq is in turmoil - with ISIS controlling large areas of the country - but the truth is that it's been in turmoil since the illegal 2003 invasion.
2013 was Iraq's bloodiest year since 2008, but as I wrote here members of the elite political class and warmongers in the West weren't interested.
Iraq post-invasion had become the greatest non-news story of the modern era. The people who could not stop talking about Iraq in 2002/3 and telling how much they cared about ordinary Iraqis were strangely silent. Instead they were devoting their energies into propagandizing for another Middle Eastern military'intervention', this time against Syria.
Now that Iraq is back in the western news headlines again, with calls for 'intervention' to counter ISIS, it's worth bearing in mind what the architects of the Iraq war and the cheerleaders for it said in the lead up and during the invasion about the 'threat' from Saddam's WMDs and how toppling a secular dictator would help the so-called 'war on terror' and bring peace and security to the region.
Do we really want to take these people's advice on what'we' should do now in Iraq? Up to a million people have been killed since the illegal invasion and as critics predicted at the time, the war led to enormous chaos and instability and boosted radical Islamic extremism. By their own words, let the warmongers be damned.

Yet these same war mongers, masters of war, and war profiteers are on news outlets daily.
Their stupidity, ignorance, arrogance, and lies should not be condoned, they should be shunned.
They belong in an 8X8 cell, not in a news room.

Blowback, payback, call it what you will.
But place the blame where it belongs.
The Neocons and their fellow travelers the liberal intetventionists are to blame for the hell that is about to be unleashed.
Oh, and do not forget to blame ourselves.
We allowed them to shock and awe in our name.
We are also guilty.
Tao Dao Man

5 comments:

TONY said...

The truth is I've hardly seen one commentator, either here or in the US, who was right about the original debacle, being asked about the present one.

Tao Dao Man said...

Haven't you heard?
Dissent and truth to power is unpatriotic.
War is peace.
Peace is war.

Interesting that W has not come forward with some dribble.
Is it possible that he has seen the error in his ways.
Or is he back on the bottle, doing a little coke.

Tao Dao Man said...

As you were saying.

http://realityzone-realityzone.blogspot.kr/2014/06/f-you-were-iraq-war-critic-youre.html

Tao Dao Man said...

The ones that really piss me off are the retired generals with their so called expertise.
When in reality they are on the payroll of the MIC or a war mongering think tank.
But the sheeple figure......Well if they say so, then it must be true....

TONY said...

I haven't doubted for a long time that the military and ex-military, at all levels, were and are boneheads. Look at the ones who were heralded as 'geniuses'. McChrystal. Petraeus. Crackpots.