Masters Of War

Come you masters of war You that build all the guns You that build the death planes You that build all the bombs You that hide behind walls You that hide behind desks I just want you to know I can see through your masks. You that never done nothin' But build to destroy You play with my world Like it's your little toy You put a gun in my hand And you hide from my eyes And you turn and run farther When the fast bullets fly. Like Judas of old You lie and deceive A world war can be won You want me to believe But I see through your eyes And I see through your brain Like I see through the water That runs down my drain. You fasten all the triggers For the others to fire Then you set back and watch When the death count gets higher You hide in your mansion' As young people's blood Flows out of their bodies And is buried in the mud. You've thrown the worst fear That can ever be hurled Fear to bring children Into the world For threatening my baby Unborn and unnamed You ain't worth the blood That runs in your veins. How much do I know To talk out of turn You might say that I'm young You might say I'm unlearned But there's one thing I know Though I'm younger than you That even Jesus would never Forgive what you do. Let me ask you one question Is your money that good Will it buy you forgiveness Do you think that it could I think you will find When your death takes its toll All the money you made Will never buy back your soul. And I hope that you die And your death'll come soon I will follow your casket In the pale afternoon And I'll watch while you're lowered Down to your deathbed And I'll stand over your grave 'Til I'm sure that you're dead.------- Bob Dylan 1963

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

WARNING GRAPHIC: Video Shows Fatal Police Shooting In South Carolina

1 comment:

mistah charley, ph.d. said...

without wishing to seem in any way in favor of killing people by shooting them in the back, let me point out that before i was born - and i was born a long time ago - a movie scene depicted the attempted murder by a cop of a man who had punched him "right on the button", as the script puts it - i.e. on the chin - but who was running away, and who was unarmed - the cop and the perp were both white, by the way, and the scene is set in a small town in upstate new york - this is from "it's a wonderful life" - george bailey is struggling through the crowd at the pottersville bar -

GEORGE (cont'd)
Clarence! Clarence! Where are you?

EXTERIOR SIDEWALK �� NIGHT

CLOSE SHOT �� Just as George breaks through the door, Bert arrives in his police car. He gets out and heads for the door, to run into George as he comes out.

BERT
Oh, it's you!

He grabs for George, who lets him have one square on the button, knocking him down, then continues running down the street yelling for Clarence.

Bert gets up, takes out his gun and fires several shots after the fleeing figure.

http://sfy.ru/?script=its_a_wonderful_life

may the creative forces of the universe have mercy on our souls, if any